Wednesday, April 4, 2007

the latest

hello everybody...sorry for the lag time between the last blog and this one....I know alot of you check on me daily and were probably wondering "dude....where has this guy gone"...hehe or not...hehe.....so anyways as the title above reads this indeed is the latest.......lets see well on March 20th my brother Justin came one step closer to old age as he had his 29th birthday and since it took place on a weekday we didnt get to celebrate until the weekend which was saturday March 24 I believe...the celebrations consisted of a nice family gathering that took place during the day at our parents house and then bowling later in the evening with some of Justin & Marie's closest friends and yours truly...........so anyways bowling was fun that night and Justin enjoyed his bday.......Monday the 26th was another milestone day for me with another CT scan at Kaiser scheduled for 4:45PM......did my prep work which involved downing two rather tasteless medically enhanced banana milkshakes that were fortified with lots of lovely radioactive stuff to help my insides glow like the goo that leaks out of the nuclear reactors on the Simpsons show......and then headed off to Kaiser with my fingers crossed and a slightly nervous internal feeling but with nevertheless a positive mindset......got there.....checked in with the front counter.....waited for my name to be called as I sat with Marissa who accompanied me there.....heard my name and followed the radiology tech who asked "how are you today" to which I responded "fair.......I've had better days..."........as we approached the all too familiar now scan room I felt a bit optimistic about hearing the results in a few days and prayed for a good outcome.....entering the room now I follwed the instructions given by the tech to lay down on the flat board bed that is connected to the "giant washine machine looking device" (the ct scanner) and subjected myself to the 3 years worth of radiation blasted into me invisibly to see my insides....so that went well and then a few days later I emailed my oncologist Dr. Mandell asking if he had gotten any results back yet....to which he responded....."Good News: No changes from your last scan, so we will proceed with the same regimen of drugs for the next 3 months".....***whew*** what a relief I guess......I was hoping to hear "your situation has gotten better" but I guess finding out that my situation is STABLE rather than worse is better than nothing..............so here I am now and the fight continues......today April 3rd I endured my 30th yes 30th chemo infusion and try to remain positive as the debilitating side effects are slowly starting to kick in.....a friend of mine name Chris sat through my session today so that was helpful in getting me through mentally...."thanks Chris, you rock dude"........well sports fans.... "I'm Nate" and thats the news for now........keep those prayers up and keep posting the new SuperNate fashion line pics.....I love em and I love you all....

Nate

7 comments:

Paulette Clements said...

Nate, I am so happy to hear an update from you . I have been following your blog since Chris Ireland posted it on Jennifer's site. We will keep praying for healing for you and all the others battling this wicked disease.

Paulette Clements said...

Nate ,
I was able to read your myspace blog but not comment because I do not have any account.
It's great that you started feeling better Saturday night and were able to have a fun evening out.
Praying that your health continues to improve

Paulette Clements said...

Nate,
I am not sure if you ever check this blog much anymore but I hope so because I want you to know that I am praying for you right now. I can get on your myspace and read your updates there but it will not let me comment because I am not a member. I am so sorry about the numbers but let's all just pray that it is a mistake. I can not even imagine how you feel because I am a total stranger and I am very worried reading that. Give it to God and He will give you peace

Christi said...

Nate, thanks for the update. Keep the updates coming. Wed and Thurs are having the medication learning session I mentioned to you for KP. I'll let you know how it goes, we will miss seeing you there.
Cool photo from the CBS site by the way.

Paulette Clements said...

Nate,
How are you doing?

Donna said...

Hey Nate I was just browsing through the internet trying to find any information on colon cancer stage 4 because I was just told today that my mother the woman who gave me life was diagnosed with the cancer and to tell you the truth it isn't what I wanted to hear. I will keep you in my prayers because until one person is actually put into the fire they will never understand the intensity of the heat. I believe that God has something in mind for us all and unfortunately we all can’t be blessed to just coast through life, sometimes we have to get bumped around to except him fully.

Thoughts love and peace from a girl in a dream. When we wake maybe we could share the dream with somebody dreaming.

Stay strong :)

Unknown said...

Nate, Thank you for your site. I really needed to read it today after my brother was diagnosed www.ottoschutt.com I look forward to an update and I pray you are well.